Friday, May 1, 2009

Mosaic Card

Supplies: Leftover scraps of your favorite patterned paper! Stampin' Up! is great for this project with its double sided patterns-here I used Washington Apple, Sticky sheet, Silver embossing powder, So Saffron Cardstk & Grosgrain ribbon, Hodge Podge Hardware, Red Riding Hood ink & Cardstk

I love this card!!! It is one of those easy cards that looks really special and difficult! I also love how this technique uses up my scraps! Stampin Up sells sheets of the sticky paper and it comes in 12 x 12 sheets. I cut mine down to 3x3 for a square and this uses all of the sticky sheet so I don't have any leftovers!!
I cut my red cardstk to 3.25 x 3.25 and placed my sticky square on top of it by peeling the white paper from the sticky sheet.
Next, I peeled off the orange paper and began placing my scraps down any which way on top of the stickiness!
Once you have placed all of your paper down go ahead and sprinkle your embossing powder (I used silver) over the exposed sticky square. Shake off excess and heat to melt the powder! How awesome is that?!!
I finished by stamping a saying on the bottom with red riding hood ink, add the ribbon and hodge podge and you are all set with a beautiful card! This would be a beautiful card for Mother's Day wouldn't it? That reminds me, I will have a Mother's Day card posted soon!!!

**One tip to remember with this particular card is that I cut the cardstock lengthwise at 4.25 so it opens up instead of out. So you have two cards cut at 4.25 x 11 instead of the standard 5.5 X 8.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment